Whether you are running an Annual General Meeting (AGM), employee townhall, tradeshow, conference, professional training, or a virtual event; there are key features that we must remember to include. Often, as we transition from live events to hybrid events, we may overlook the finer details of the user experience that we need to translate into new virtual environments. Use our checklist below and run an extraordinary hybrid event!
- Does your virtual platform include all the features your event will need?
- Can your AV provider offer real-time support?
- What analytics and reports will you want? What data do you want to track at your event? Will it be different for the live event component versus the virtual event component?
- How much audience interaction will you have at the live event and the virtual event?
- Do you need a live Q&A box, or will you collect questions beforehand?
- Will you need a special moderator for managing questions? Will this be a staff member or an automated virtual service?
- Will you run surveys throughout the event and how many in total? Do you want survey results available to be shared at the event, after the event, or neither?
- Will you be running polls and how many at a time? Do you want the results available real-time for participants, will you be sharing the results at the event in a presentation, or neither?
- How will your live event guests interact with your virtual event guests?
- Will you have break-out rooms, 1-on-1 sessions and networking tables? If so, how will you grant access to users and choose participants?
- Will you need a moderator for all networking sessions, and will they be at the live event or working remotely online?